Latest Oil Plant Attack Demonstrates 'Absolutely No Secure Areas in Russia's Far Hinterland'
Ukraine's drones have hit the Russian Bashneft facility in the city of Ufa, positioned around 1,400 kilometers from Ukraine, causing blasts and a inferno, according to a insider in Ukraine's intelligence agency.
This represents the third SBU long-range attack in Bashkortostan in the recent weeks. These strikes demonstrate that there are no protected areas in the deep rear of the Russian Federation.
Zelenskyy Appeals to US President to Facilitate Truce in the Conflict
The Ukrainian leader appealed to the US President to mediate a ceasefire in Ukraine during a call on the weekend.
"When a war can be halted in a single area, then certainly further hostilities can be ended as well, including the Russian war," the President said, praising Trump's "outstanding" Gaza ceasefire plan and requesting the American leader to influence the Moscow into talks.
Russian Strikes Claim Lives in the Country
Moscow's assaults on Ukraine killed at least five people on Saturday and caused blackouts to parts of the south Odesa oblast, as stated by local sources.
Two people lost their lives inside a church in Kostyantynivka when it was struck, per municipal sources.
In the Russian adjacent territory of Belgorod, a vehicle operator was lost his life by a drone assault, according to regional authorities.
Power Restoration Efforts in Kyiv
Operations proceeded on Saturday to recover electricity in the Ukrainian capital, after strikes by Moscow.
Energy had been restored to in excess of 800,000 inhabitants by the weekend and the largest private energy company said the key operations to restore power was concluded though certain disruptions continued.
Anti-Aircraft Operations and Drone Interceptions
Ukraine's anti-aircraft systems neutralized 54 of 78 enemy drones sent targeting the country in the dark hours, the air force announced on the weekend.
The Russian defence ministry said it eliminated forty-two Ukrainian drones over the country's airspace.
Cuba Denies Claims of Deploying Troops to the War
The Cuban government on the weekend rejected US assertions it has deployed military personnel to engage in the hostilities, while stating the government "lack precise information about citizens of Cuba" engaged "independently" or "in the military forces of both sides".
The ministry in Havana said 26 nationals had been given prison terms to prison terms ranging from five to 14 years for mercenary activity since the autumn of 2023 when news spread of Cuban nationals being dispatched to the battlefield in Ukraine.
I Want to Live Program Reports Information on Cuban Recruitment
The program, a state program that urges adversaries to surrender, stated in May: "We have confirmed the personal data of over a thousand Cuban nationals who enlisted with the Moscow's troops in 2023-2024."
The Cuban foreign ministry stated of Cubans who might be participating: "Undeniably that none of them possesses the encouragement, commitment, or approval of the Cuban state for their actions."
Relatives of Cuban nationals who left for Russia in 2023 informed Agence France-Presse at the time that their relatives had been misled into enlisting through advertisements on social media.